The protection level of LED downlights refers to the protection ability of LED downlights against external objects, solid particles and water during use. According to the international standard IEC 60529, the protection level is represented by IP, which is divided into two digits, the first digit indicates the protection level for solid objects, and the second digit indicates the protection level for liquids.
Choosing the protection level of LED downlights needs to consider the use environment and occasions, as well as the installation height and location of LED downlights. The following are common protection levels and corresponding usage occasions:
1. IP20: Only basic protection against solid objects, suitable for indoor dry environments.
2. IP44: It has good protection against solid objects, can prevent objects with a diameter larger than 1mm from entering, and has protection against rainwater. It is suitable for outdoor awnings, open-air restaurants and toilets and other places.
3. IP65: It has good protection against solid objects and water, and can prevent splashed water from entering. It is suitable for outdoor billboards, parking lots, and building facades.
4. IP67: It has a high degree of protection against solid objects and water, and can prevent water from entering in stormy weather. It is suitable for outdoor swimming pools, docks, beaches and other places.
5. IP68: It has the highest level of protection against solid objects and water, and can work normally in water with a depth of more than 1 meter. It is suitable for outdoor aquariums, ports, rivers and other places.
When selecting LED downlights, it is necessary to select a suitable protection level according to the actual situation to ensure the normal operation and service life of the LED downlights.
Post time: May-09-2023